The successful candidate will have proven skills in the commercial construction industry and be able to become an expert in structural floors and rainscreen cladding technologies.
Qualified candidates will produce detailed shop drawings, complete the submittal process and produce final installation drawings along with manufacturing bill of materials.
- Preparing clear and accurate shop drawings, floor plans, elevations and sections for steel joist framing and architectural rainscreen facades according to architectural and structural plans and specifications.
- Performing material detailing and creating shop order documents.
- Project coordination.
- Monitor projects and report progress and status to management.
- Document control including R.F.I. logs, submittals and contract conformance.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Have the communication skills to interact effectively with project managers, architects, engineers and other team members.
- Ability to interact and problem solve with field personnel.
- Be proficient with AutoCAD, Word and Excel
- Must be able to accurately interpret construction documents, architectural, structural drawings and specifications.
- Be able to work well in a team environment as well as work independently
- Minimum 3 years in architectural/structural drafting, design and/or engineering
- Estimating experience and/or field experience is a plus.
- Be self-motivated, self-directed, and eager/willing to learn and grow.
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Ability to work on multiple projects of varying scope with the capability of achieving tight schedules/deadlines
In this permanent, full-time position, you will receive competitive pay and company-paid benefits with excellent opportunities for training and advancement.
- Competitive base salary based on experience
- Retirement Plan
- Attractive vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Excellent career path opportunities for top performers
To apply for this position, email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements in confidence to Recruiting@swirnow.com. No phone calls please.